Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I'm a NURSE...someone pinch me

3 weeks ago I took the most important test of my life: the dreaded NCLEX! I drove up to Draper, Utah at 7 am saying a million prayers a minute. At 8 am I sat down at my cubicle in front of a computer that would determine my destiny. I had 6 hours to take anywhere from 75 to 265 questions. After 2 and a half hours my computer shut off around 93 questions. I walked away freaking out.

The next two days were the worst. I for sure thought I failed. I was ready to call my future manager at my new hospital job and say, " Sorry, I didn't pass". I was almost about to get out the study books and start studying for my next attempt.

Friday morning I woke up to this picture sent to my phone:

Oh my goodness, I passed!


To this day, I have no idea how I passed that exam. I am so glad that I did, though.

So, me, nurse Jamie (weird). Started my registered nurse position 2 weeks ago at Jordan Valley Medical Center on the Medical Surgical floor. 2 and a half weeks of working and I am still in love with my job. I love the patients, I love the walking, I love the hospital food. I absolutely love it all.

Since I can remember I have dreamed of being a nurse.

Three weeks ago, that dream came true. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations, Jamie! I bet you are a wonderful nurse! You should wear your tap shoes one day and dance down the hall of the hospital... ;)

Natalie said...

Congrats Jamie!! You have got to be the cutest nurse in the hospital! We're so excited for you! I totally expect some fun stories next time we see you! : )

Ali W. said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. I had no idea you had a blog- totally keeping up with you now! We don't get to see you guys enough! :)