Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Well, tonight is my first night on call. Of course I am wide awake since I slept as much as I could today to prepare for work tonight. Ah, the joys of night shift.

So, there is this little sight called Pinterest. Have you heard about it? Well, I am super obsessed. I have probably pinned a million projects. Thanks to my late nights I have started to complete some "pins". Here are the things I have been working on.

Polka Dot Shorts

Patterned pants have been all the rage, recently. When I was at Kohl's the other day I saw these adorable shorts:
 
I looked at those and thought, "Hey, I can make those". So I went right over to Michaels and bought some paint and a paint brush. I started this project a couple weeks ago, but I just finished tonight and I am so happy with the turnout.

Skirt Extender

I saw this on Pinterest and thought, how smart. Some young womens leaders saw this site and thought it would be a great activity to do with their girls. It's truely brilliant. The skirts in the stores are getting shorter and shorter. This skirt extender allows me to wear my shorter skirts and dresses modestly.
 
I took an old slip and sewed some cheap muslin I found at Wal-Mart on the the bottom. My slip is a white version of this.
Picture

Colored Pants

Everyone has seen the bright colored jeans in the stores recently, right? Well have you ever thought of making them yourself? A friend in my nursing classes actually told me about this today. You bleach an old pair of jeans and then dye them the color of your choice.
 
 
This is my new project. Tomorrow I am heading to the dollar store to pick up a cheap bin to soak my jeans in and some dye to color my old jeans.
 
What color should I do?



OR             
any suggestions?
 
 

 

3 comments:

Amy said...

love the mustard yellow! I'm obsessed with pinterest too... it's simply amazing!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

yellow! and way to go on actually doing things you pinned. Those shorts are really cute. I would be too stressed about putting dots too close together or something to do it, but they look great!

Graig and Nicole said...

The mustard!! :)