Sunday, December 28, 2008

Family adventures...

Monday: TyRee, her sister Lindsay, my cousin Andrew, and my great-aunt Eleanor will be flying in to Newark International. Who knows what the day will bring, but you can bet we'll have a good time. The Manwarings will arrive at the house on Monday night after spending the day in NYC and seeing Wicked.
Count at the house: 15
Tuesday: A group will go into NYC to do some site seeing, ice skating, show viewing...whatever we please. Later that night, my two great-uncles and their wives( Albert and Pat, Bob and Karen) will arrive in NJ just in time for New Years Eve.
Count at house: 19
Wednesday: NEW YEARS EVE!!!! Barriers are set up and traffic streets are closed at 4pm. Two hours later the celebrations begin! Throughout the night we'll see performances by Ludacris, Lionel Riche, Taylor Swift, and The Jonas Brothers (I know, so good right?)We'll be partying all the way to the ball drop at the beginning of 2009!!
Thursday and Friday we will probably be showering hourly, sleeping when we can find a spot to rest our heads, getting acupuncture to relax...the basic recovery from a night in the city.
Saturday and Sunday will bring on more adventures you can only find on the east coast. Maybe a drive to Pennsylvania (Gettysburg and other historical sites), northern New York (other tourist traps), maybe a visit to the MARS plant to see how M&Ms are made.
Whatever we do, whatever we see...it's always an adventure in this family!
PS...LOOK FOR US ON TV!!

4 comments:

sammysangel said...

yea its goin to be crazy

Leslie Ewell said...

I sort of wish I could be there! It sound a little fun but mostly CRAZY! I am glad we get to come in the Spring when it is a little more quiet and there will be no need for a shower schedule. Plus I will have your mom and Janelle to myself!

marie said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!! bring me back something new yorkian.

The Kirby's said...

So, so jealous. Keep us updated on the fun.