Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To cook...

Recently I've been really into cooking. I'd like to think it's a way to get away from homework, but regardless I'm still learning something. Thanks to good ol' Betty Crocker and my mom for giving this cookbook to me...here are some receipes I've tried...

Banana Creme Pie...

It didn't look as pretty as the picture but it still tasted delicious. I didn't know how much work I was getting myself into when I started it but I'm happy I made it




Puffy Oven Pancake...
I had my first puffy pancake this summer when I visited the Rosells at my house. It is super easy and a delicious morning treat. You can whip it up, throw it in the over, jump in the shower and eat it right after. Goes great with some lemon juice!!



Peach cobbler...
My relatives keep a garden every summer and I am lucky enough to reap the benefits of it. I had about 20 plus peaches and thought...peach cobbler sounds delicious. I actually made it for a Stake Reunion we held at my place, but no one ate it. Left more for me.

Pecan Maple Chicken...

I made this dish last night for dinner but it didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to. The maple made our upstairs smell for the rest of the night (good or bad? ask my roommates). It was really fast and easy but I don't know if I'll be doing it again.


Cornmeal Chicken with Peach Salsa...

This little meal was so good. Like I said above, I had tons of peaches sitting around so I thought I'd try something different. I cooked up and extra chicken to eat the next day, wrapped it in a tortilla with the salsa...sooo good.



Creme Brulee...Probably one of my favorite desserts...give me some creme brulee and I'll give you whatever you want. Target at 2 ramekins for $1 on their dollar spot so I picked up some and had to make some. I just made it and it's chilling now, but I'm sure it will be mouth watering

Don't get me wrong I still have my canned soup meals and pasta nights. I can ignore my homework for so long.

You can find the receipes for these creations here...http://bettycrocker.com/

Are you proud of me Mom and Dad?

4 comments:

The Ward Family said...

PROUD, you bet!!! Can't wait for you to cook us up some delights when your here for Christmas and New Years. Today while taking Janelle to work, I drove in a leaf blizzard. It was great fun. Very funny on your wieght guesses.
Love
Momma

Unknown said...

that maple chicken smelled SO good!

The Ward Family said...

Thought Korto should have won it. Her sytles were more diverse and very colorful. leannes were kinda boring, in the fact that they all looked the same. Janelle was watching, sort of, she exclaimed, she looks just like Jenny. I knew she reminded me of someone, and that is it. hair, bangs, skinny, and all.

The Kirby's said...

Shoot I am impressed. Way to go Jamie! Anna