Thursday, February 12, 2009

Secret Admirer...

I knew I didn't HATE Valentine's Day...even if I was extremely single. Today after a LONG day at school and hours in the library I come home to flowers on my doorstep. HEART STOPS! A smile is plastered on my face for the rest of the night.

This reminds me of Valentine's Day Freshmen year in High School. I was sitting nonchalantly in Biology watching the choir girls walk around ditching class in their sparkly red/silver dresses...just to do singing Valentine's. Who would buy such silly things, I thought to myself. The next moment a small group entered my class asking if they could sing a song to Jamie Ward. Lucky Jamie...wait a second...THAT'S ME!! Everyone snaps their head back to look at me. I'm sure my face went bright RED. Onto my desk they placed a bottle of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, Roses, and a Note! They started to sing their little song, "Can't Help Falling In Love", while my lab partner and I quickly grabbed the note to see who would gift me with such deliciousness. (and embarrassment) The note read, (I'm paraphrasing) "I've noticed you and really like you a lot. One day I'll reveal myself." WHAT!?!?! Why is this person not making themselves known to me? For years I brought that card out every Valentine's and tried to decode the handwriting. Senior year, three years later, yearbooks are going around in classes to say farewells and spread love and inside jokes across the paper pages. I read my recent notes to find that my Freshmen "SECRET LOVER" finally ousted themselves on page 2!

It's been a lesson to me that someone is always watching you, and might possibly have a HUGE crush on you. Let me just say though, I will not wait another three years for this mystery person to finally decide and declare their love for me. I WILL NOT HAVE IT! But, I will admit, I love the secret-ness of it all! I'm a sucker for it!

Too bad I already have a date for V-Day...

Don't get too excited...it's only Utah style.

3 comments:

The Ward Family said...

Oh I'm dying to know. Can't remember who the freshman secret admirer was. Fill me in. I think I remember, but not sure.
What a surprise. Have fun in St George and hey, it is an In and Out, it is just in Utah!!!!!

sammysangel said...

soo cute lucky you! i remember getting one when i was in high school but it was just one rose not the whole sparkling cider boquet of roses. i think it was some guy named gene rose. was he ugly an i think he did it just for laughs boys these days

Adri and Russ Lee said...

hold on. who were the flowers from?