Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fall 2010...

This is for all you people who forgot about me...

(and for those that kept reminding me that I had a blog and I was their only entertainment...you know who you are)

here's the deal:

my computer was on the fritz for the whole semester up to Thanksgiving. I am sure thankful for my Daddy's computer wisdom and surgified knee. Because of this, he healed my computer! So, send your gratitude to the great Mick Ward for being AWESOME!


LOVE YOU DADDY!!!


For a fast update:

School

green scrubs

I absolutely LOVE school. It is really weird to hear myself say that when people ask me about this topic. I enjoy going to class everyday (minus Pharmacology, but that's another story) and I love the things that I am learning. Right now as I am typing I am listening to a NCLEX test prep tutorial. I feel like such and nerd, and proud of it.


Before leaving on Thanksgiving break I finished my first clinical experience at a nursing home in American Fork. My clinical group spent every Tuesday for four weeks from 5:45-12pm practicing all the skills we had learned in lab. I really grew to enjoy it there. I was on the long-term hall for three weeks and got to know the patients on the wing really well. It is so humbling to see the situations that the people of nursing homes live under. I know you say you want to be put in one G-MA, but I don't want to see you there. Don't get me wrong, I am not shunning nursing homes, it's just that its not a place for this woman:
The super awesome woman on the left. Yea...she is pretty cool.

While I enjoyed all the time I spent at clinicals, I did have some unique experiences. For the sake of those with weak stomachs I will spare details of the stories. Let's just say that I showered immediately when I got home. Your imagination is free to wander...

Sports

I still have been playing soccer whenever I can. At the beginning of the semester I was on 4 leagues (all girl indoor, coed outdoor, coed indoor, all girl intramural). My team ended up winning the coed outdoor league...shirts to come. Just last night my girls intramural team took the championship...AGAIN!! We had such an amazing team this year: UNDEFEATED!!!! So, the perks about winning BYU intramural is the glorious shirt and all the glory that comes with it.
The winning TEAM 6 with our shirts. that's priceless joy

We have already planned to be on the same team next year. I think I could add a third shirt to my collection.

Dance

Yes, I am still tap dancing G-ma and Mom. The tap company, Foot Poetry, is as strong as ever. We recently made the switch to being a BYU affiliated group. This means we can't dance naked at practices anymore (not that any of us did, it was just the fact that we could if we wanted to). Hopefully this means that we will be performing at a lot more events. Recently we brought back this little gem from 2009

Buble is back in business...

Save the date March 15, 2001 for the annual Covey Center Performance including Foot Poetry, Irish dance, cloggers, and other percussion dancers.

I have had the opportunity to substitute some tap classes at studios this semester. It has really made me miss being a BYU tap instructor. Although I dreaded having to grade my students, I loved being able to share and teach my talents to other people.

I think that about covers it all.

till next time....

I promise I will do better

3 comments:

The Ward Family said...

OK, ok, thanks for not calling me out. Loved the post. See you soon. Glad you are enjoying school, since you were kinda dreading being in it for 3 more years.
Thanks for updated my wallpaper too. Glad Dad was able to fix the computer.

Amy said...

FP is BYU affiliated now?! Lucky! I miss it SO bad. I think I'll go buy some new tap shoes today to make myself feel better. ;)

Kelsy said...

I love that you love scrubs.